Due to the weather in the area around the “Eemslift Hendrika”, the salvage operation has been postponed until tomorrow morning.
“Life and health are always the number one priority in an event like this, and it must be safe to carry out the salvage,” said Norwegian Coastal Administration emergency response director Hans Petter Mortensholm in an update.
Calculations show that the danger is small for the ship to run aground. Better weather is reported tomorrow, and the action is more likely to be successful.
Thus, the salvage crews for the cargo ship “Eemslift Hendrika” have reached the same decision as the captain of the “Stadt Sløvåg”, who will start tow operation for the towing of “AQS Tor” on Thursday morning.
The workboat “AQS Tor”, valued at EUR 6.6 million, was thrown off the cargo deck of “Eemslift Hendrika” on Tuesday.