None of them are complaining, but there was a great deal of variation in the paychecks of the salmon farming industry’s top brass.
Coming up on top is Alf-Helge Aarskog. Mowi’s CEO was left with a salary, after bonus, of EUR 2.2 million. Mowi CFO Ivan Vindheim, in turn, received salaries and bonuses of EUR 1.3 million in 2018.
After Mowi, Norway Royal Salmon was the most generous with the wagebook. Charles Høstlund earned EUR 945,000 last year.
At the opposite end of the scale is Bakkafrost boy Regin Jacobsen, who got paid EUR 246,000.
The lowest paid in Norwegian farming was Olav-Andreas Ervik, with EUR 370,000. It is also worth mentioning that Ervik first entered the position as CEO of Salmar on 10 April last year.
In the list below, we have listed salaries, including bonuses, for top executives in the listed companies on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
- Mowi: CEO Alf-Helge Aarskog, EUR 2.2 million. CFO Ivan Vindheim, EUR 1.3 million.
- Norway Royal Salmon: CEO Charles Høstlund, EUR 945,000. CFO Ola Loe, EUR 225,000.
- Austevoll Seafood: CEO Arne Møgster, EUR 667,000. CFO Britt Kathrine Drivenes, EUR 410,000.
- Lerøy Seafood: CEO Henning Beltestad, EUR 636,000. CFO Sjur Malm, EUR 451,000.
- Grieg Seafood: CEO Andreas Kvame, EUR 646,000. CFO Atle Harald Sandtorv, EUR 441,000
- Salmar: CEO Olav-Andreas Ervik, EUR 369,000. CFO Trond Tuvstein, EUR 287,000.
- The Scottish Salmon Company: CEO Craig Anderson, EUR 340,000. CFO Fiona Larkin, EUR 359,000.
- Bakkafrost: CEO Regin Jacobsen, EUR 246,000. CFO Gunnar Nielsen, EUR 215,000.