Man shocked by incinerator at Agrosuper-owned Aquachile site.
The Chilean Navy Directmar reports that an AquaChile worker was electrocuted while maintaining an incinerator on July 24 at one of its sites in the Magallanes region, southern Chile.
Authorities said that accident happened at around 17:45.
The person – who has not yet been named – believed he’d cut off the electrical power in order to maintain an incinerator, as it had been having failures.
Armada apoyó evacuación médica desde centro de cultivo de salmones
Trabajador se electrocutó cuando realizaba mantenimiento a una plataforma de incineración.
— DIRECTEMAR Chile (@DGTM_Chile) July 28, 2020
But then he received an electrical shock and fell to the ground. His co-worker immediately came to his aid.
The worker was rushed to the local hospital in city of Puerto Natales and his condition is unknown.